Thursday 13 December 2012

"mini" hamburger speaker


 The "Mini" Hamburger Speaker


I recently bought this item from Chinabuye for $8.26 (Including free shipping as I'm willing to wait forever for a cheaper item approximately £5.80). My first thought was wow this is not as “mini” as any other Hamburger speaker being around 2-3 times the size of any other one I have seen. This size doesn't make it any less transportable as it can still fit in a pocket however does affect its potential use as a MP3 player....

 


Yes! I did just mention that it can effectively function as a MP3 player an odd thing that this speaker contained within its box a basic set of headphones. The humour of a set of headphones as part of a speaker package was not lost on me. using headphones with this item wouldn't be a bad application of this product however as I found I could just slot my SD card from my phone into it and then with it on it works like a basic mp3 player with just a sliding button for volume and skipping tracks. This means that effectively for £5.80 I have a Mp3 player that could potentially hold a 32gb memory card (mine is 8 gb) this is more than enough memory for just songs. The only problem with this is that you would then need to buy that memory card.



Back to the main function which is essentially a mobile speaker system for playing music which I believe would be perfect for small presentations. It is ideal for this because it is small enough and light enough to be able to put into a laptop case or in a bag along with a Ipad and any other presentation materials. At the same time it is not so small that it would fit into a pocket but if it was that small it would lack the power for a group of people to hear a presentation. The fact that it has a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery that can be charged easily by USB is useful because in a presentation you would have your laptop so you would have a appropriate way of charging it. Also with these it means that I am able to charge it with my little solar panel charger thats primarily for phones. Due to the available power banks such as solar panel chargers (its just a pocket device that holds enough charge that can recharge essential things like a mobile phone) it means that small items such as this do not rely on plug sockets and batteries. Due to this the product is more versatile and ethically just that bit nicer, meaning that now if I go camping I can take this item without any concern of needing to take a bag of batteries or finding a plug socket. 

 


In addition when buying this it stated that it would just come in a package specifically stating in large red letters NO RETAIL BOX however I received it in a box and there are customer videos showing they received theirs in boxes. This item did take from around the 10th of november until the 13th of december to arrive and the alternate options add at least $20 to the price of an individual item so this source of the product does need a patient customer. With this in mind you do still get a lot for your patience for around £5.80 you get a mobile speaker and Mp3 player so its worth alot more than a £5 speaker or basic “mini” speaker that you could get for £5. Personally I would be more than happy to pay £12-£16 however this would be in a shop where I wouldn't have to wait a month for the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment